Wednesday 2 June 2010

Shoulder Seams

I have just joined the shoulder seams on the Badminton sweater.  A recent post on the Fiona's Knitting blog mentioned Russian grafting and recommended it for an unobtrusive join  (she used it on double moss stitch).  I had not heard of it, but she has an earlier post that gives very clear directions.


I don't think I have achieved quite as neat a result as she did, but I'm pleased with my effort. It is a very flat seam, and I think is about as unobtrusive as I could hope for, especially on the neckband. Since the original pattern avoided shoulder seams altogether, it would be a pity if my modifications made the shoulder joins very obvious and lumpy.

 Just shows that reading other people's blogs can be really useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...