Saturday 21 December 2013

A Mug for a Knitter

Yesterday, we went to Waitrose in Sheffield to get most of our Christmas food shopping, and I saw some coffee mugs with an embossed design to look like Aran knitting.    They are really nice, and I bought a couple for myself - how could I resist?


Waitrose mug with knitting design 


The design of the Waitrose packaging  for their own-brand Christmas was also based on knitting. A cable pattern with ribbon threaded through was printed onto the box of Camembert we bought - ready prepared to bake.  (Sounds delicious - I hope it is.) 




And there was a Fair Isle design with Christmas trees,which appeared on several of the things we bought, and around the store as well.  Today being the Winter Solstice, I had a mince pie with my coffee (in my new mug) - it was very nice.    

6 comments:

  1. It looks like knitting is really making a comeback. I love the Waitrose designs. The mug looks like something you would find in the Belleek range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting that Waitrose have used traditional knitting patterns to signify Christmas - maybe it's connected with the popularity of Christmas jumpers this year. Don't know, but I love the mugs. The modelling is so detailed that you can see every stitch, Really nice to use - they are now my favourites. .

      Delete
  2. These mugs are lovely, how much did you pay for yours? They were priced at £5 for the mug and £6 for the breakfast bowl in Monmouth Waitrose, but when I came to pay, they came up as £2.50 for the mugs and £3 for the bowls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered tonight via being 'friended' on Ravelry that my son-in law's sister in law (allowing for people being partners) has been involved in the knitting for the Waitrose Xmas campaign. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this Waitrose Knitting Mug. Where can I purchase the mug? I would like to have a couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waitrose had these on sale 2 years ago, and I haven't seen them since. But maybe you could find something similar online if you search for 'knitting mug'?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...