Friday 13 January 2017

Anniversary

The first post on this blog appeared on Wednesday 13th January 2010.  Seven years ago.  Isn't that amazing?  I'm amazed, anyway.  I never expected to be still writing blog posts.  The original idea was just to find out something about blogs and blogging by trying it for myself - I'm sure I didn't imagine that I would carry on blogging for so long.



In that first post, I showed this photo of a Fair Isle pullover I knitted for John in the early 80s, before I stopped knitting for a long long time. Since 2010, the pullover has had an exciting time - I lent it to Lydia who used to own Spun in Huddersfield (still open, but with a new owner).  She started to sell Jamieson's Shetland, and wanted some examples of Fair Isle knitting to inspire customers.  I lent her John's pullover, and a sweater from the same book by Sarah Don that I had knitted for myself, and they were on display in the shop for most of a year.  Lydia said that many customers admired them, and several wanted to buy the pullover.  Now we have them both back at home, I think perhaps we ought to start wearing them again....

Back to my anniversary.  Now that I've been writing this blog for seven years, I can see that I have managed to write about 70 posts a year.  It's been quite consistent - the minimum is 66, the maximum 76.  This is despite my best intentions to write more often.  Must try harder, and I'll see how I've done this time next year.

8 comments:

  1. You deserve congratulations for keeping up your blogging for so long. Well done.
    I find I was blogging regularly my first year but then dropped off. Often there were lapses when we went overseas on holiday but I am trying this year to be more consistent.
    I enjoy your posts and I am glad you are continuing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the congratulations. Going on holiday does interrupt blogging for the duration, but I could try to catch up more quickly when I get back. Might happen, you never know...

      Delete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I am a fairly new knitter and enjoy your blog. Do keep up the good work. A very nice piece of work in that jumper too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. Good to know you read the blog. I think I could still knit a Fair Isle pullover like that one, but there are so many other things to knit.

      Delete
  3. Happy blogoversary! As Suth2 says, simply keeping it up is something remarkable. And you've been consistent too; that's a thing to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Mim. I guess you're right about consistency. There hasn't been any month when I've written fewer than 2 posts, so I should be proud of that.

      Delete
  4. Happy anniversary! I very much enjoy reading about the history of knitting (as well as your current projects) and am looking forward to more of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LizM. So pleased to hear you like the history and the current knitting too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...